Gregory J. Knudson, M.D.
Expert Evaluations for Exceptional Outcomes
Dr. Gregory Knudson provides general radiology services for physicians and specialists, embracing new technologies that will improve the quality and accuracy of diagnostic procedures for evaluating a variety of conditions.
His special interests in general radiology include:
• PET imaging
• Digital imaging (CT, MRI, ultrasound)
• Percutaneous biopsies and drainages
• Radioactive iodine therapy of thyroid disease
• Stereotactic and ultrasound-guided breast biopsies
Dr. Knudson is one of seven physicians at Radiology Associates of Appleton who perform Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging. PET is often more sensitive than conventional diagnostic imaging, distinguishing tumors as cancerous or noncancerous and detecting cancer that has spread to other areas of the body.
Dr. Knudson received his medical degree from the University of North Dakota. He completed his radiology residency at the University of Texas Southwestern. He also completed a fellowship in digital imaging at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr Knudson has served in various capacities in his tenure with Radiology Associates, including prior section chief and board member.
Dr. Knudson joined Radiology Associates in 1989 and is board certified by the American College of Radiology. He is a member of the Radiological Society of North America, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American College of Radiology and Alpha Omega Alpha.
Dr. Knudson’s practice sites include:
• ThedaCare Appleton Medical Center
• ThedaCare Shawano Medical Center
• ThedaCare Physicians Family Physicians
(North Appleton, Memorial, Midway, Kimberly)
• ThedaCare Physicians Pediatrics (Appleton North)
• Primary Care Associates
• ThedaCare Berlin Hospital
• ThedaCare Wild Rose Hospital
• Clintonville Clinic
• Shawano Clinic
• Encircle Health